April 26th, 2013 is currently the last race date.¬† Note: April 19th race night has been cancelled.
>> SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME
If you would like to watch, feel free to visit the hanger on a club race night. We have plenty of chairs, and admission is free. We hope to see you there!
Sadly, the hangar has been booked for another event on April 19
Driver abilities have been entered into rcscoring pro for this year, based on last years points. We used the average points per race as the fairest possible statistic we had to gauge driver ability. Where drivers raced in more than one class, an average of the averages was used.¬† This number was then multiplied by 10 to remove the decimal.
A certain trend was noted: Drivers who participated in the 1/12 scale pan class tended to get higher driver abilities, due to the fact that less people raced 1/12 scale. For example even last place finishers in 1/12 scale will have gained more points than someone who won the touring car B-main.
To see how you fared in the points, check out http://points.edmontonrc.info
The clear lesson here: all the best drivers race 1/12 scale pan cars, so if you think you have what it takes, dust off that pan car and come show us how it is done!
2012 NASCAR AGM Minutes
- Meeting called to order
- Treasurer Doug De La Salle presented financial statement for the 2011-2012 racing season.
- Ed King moved that the financial statement be accepted as presented, the motion was carried.
- An election for the club executive was held. The results were as follows:
President – Joe Dennehy
Vice President – Robert Skwarok
Treasurer – Doug De La Salle
WCICS representative/Public Relations – Ian De La Salle
Secretary – Ed King
Racing Classes and rules were established as follows:
Touring Car – 17.5T motor limit, zero timing ESCs, open rubber tires
1/12 Scale Pan Car – 10.5T motor limit, open ESC including dynamically timed ESCs.
Mini – WCICS rules
Open – open
- A motion was made and carried that any racer entering 2 classes would be charged a $5 fee for the second class.
- Races will be pre-sorted based on driver ability, calculated from last year’s points.
- Re-sorts will be performed after the first qualifier.
- During any night where a WCICS race is being held (in province), club racing will not be held.
- A motion was made and carried to purchase CRC Click track to replace the club‚Äôs inner boards.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on August 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm, at the Mayfield Boston Pizza.
The meeting is open to all past and potential new members.